Saturday, April 26, 2008

Fear !

I have a super huge fear of ceiling fans. I hate ceiling fans!! I know its so useful and cheap and efficient, but don't people realise that it is such a dangerous contraption to have in a house?!??!

Before I moved into a condo, I used to have a ceiling fan in my bedroom. On hot nights, I would turn it up to lvl 3, which makes the fan shudder and spin really really fast. The wind feels nice of course, but the sight of that thing spinning and shaking and making weird clanky noises totally freaked me out. Sleeping was almost impossible cuz I would keep imagining that dratted fan spinning out of control and tearing itself out of the ceiling and falling on me. I would then be sliced into teeny tiny bits and no one would be able to recognise the bloody mess that used to be me. :(

So I would hide under the blanket(like that would help!!) and try to ignore all bad thoughts. Finally, I just got up and turned it off, which was what I should have done a looong time ago, duhh.

I'm also very very afraid of getting my head sliced off by a ceiling fan when I'm sitting on a high chair or when my head is like less than 2 metres below a ceiling fan. Sad right??

At least I don't have Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia, which is the fear of the number 666. If I were Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobic, I wouldnt be living in my current home, cus my unit number is B-6-6 and I live on the 6th floor. lol!! ain't that cool!!??

-caryn

No comments:

How to Cope with the Loss of a Pet Rock

(Found on some really awesome website with helped me overcome my grief)

Losing a loyal friend is always upsetting. Losing a Pet Rock is even worse, because you have spent so much time with them. They have been your constant companion and trusted friend. You could talk to them, and know that they would never tell anyone what you told them in secret. When they die, make sure they are buried someplace with lots of other rocks, so they will not be lonely.
Steps
  1. Bury your rock. If your rock has died, find a nice spot in your garden to bury him. If you have an area which contains a lot of other rocks, bury them there. Mark that spot in some way or another - burying an old spoon with the bit you eat off sticking out of the ground is an ideal gravestone.
  2. Remember your rock. If you have lost your rock, plant a flower in remembrance of them.
  3. Listen to really depressing music. Don't try to cheer yourself up for at least three days. You will drop back down to reality with a thud. Be really miserable. It is respectful to your rock. Slowly cheer up. That way,you won't get sudden pangs of mourning.
  4. Begin again. After at least a fortnight you can get a new rock!!!!!
Tips:
  • Classical music can make you really miserable.
  • Other things that can make you really miserable include homework, thinking about lost items, best friends who have moved away and how you never gave your rock a good life, and so on.