Tuesday, June 19, 2007

A story about a girl



1

Fat stars were splattered across the sky,
Each one emitting a soft white glow;
I stood up and wiped my eyes dry,
From which my tears have ceased to flow.

I walked slowly in the moonlight,
Feeling the crisp grass beneath my bare feet;
Something told me everything would be alright,
Suddenly the air became clear and sweet.

My heart was free, my head felt clear,
The trees looked green even in the dark;
I started running; there was nothing to fear,
When quite suddenly, I heard a loud bark.

My magical spell dissipated in a flash,
My euphoria died, replaced by shock;
The creature was ugly, it reeked of trash,
Its eyes were yellow, cold as rock.

I took a step back as it advanced on me,
I tried to run, to escape from this beast
That ruined my moment of happiness, my glee,
I had to run, or I would be its next feast.

I turned on my heel and began to run,
The sweet air transformed into a fierce storm;
What is this, what have I done?
Once again, the tears began to form.

I felt its heavy breath down my neck,
A tingle went down my tired spine;
Every nerve hurt, I was a nervous wreck,
I ran harder, not taking a look behind.

My body could not take it any longer,
I collapsed on the cold hard ground;
This is the end, my life is over,
I laid here waiting to be found.

I listened for a stomp, but there wasn’t any,
I lifted my head and took a look around;
This was not nice, neither was it funny,
I dared not breathe nor make a sound.

I stood up after what seemed like forever,
Why wasn’t I devoured; how very strange;
Was it hiding, was it being clever?
Whatever it is, my life has been changed.

Far in the distance, I saw a huge lump,
I ran towards it, I was greeted by a curious sight;
It laid in a heap, on its head was a bump,
When it saw me, it whimpered in fright.

Up close, the monster seemed almost harmless,
I didn’t feel scared, I wasn’t afraid;
It yawned; I saw that it was toothless,
I bent down and patted its head.

The bump on its head was red and sore,
Hugging the monster, I sang it a song;
Soon after that, it began to snore,
I fell asleep on its tummy, but not for long.

I was awoken by a piercing scream,
The monster stood up with a clumsy jerk;
Memories came flooding back; was this a dream?
No time to think, the monster was going berserk!

A little girl came running frantically,
Her eyes were fixed on the monster’s;
At the sight of her, it yelped manically,
This is too much, I’m going bonkers.

Their hug was tight and never-ending,
The girl whispered something in its ears;
The sight before me was quite fascinating,
The monster had suddenly burst into tears.

I looked at the girl for an explanation,
I was told that the monster wasn’t real;
That it was a figment of her imagination,
But I saw it so clearly; its happiness I could feel.

They left me with my jaw open wide,
My body felt weak, my mind was a swirl;
Memories and logic began to collide,
I felt like I was in another world.

As I watched them vanish into the distance,
I heard joyful laughter from the sky above;
I realized the meaning of our existence,
Life is nothing without the magic of love.


Yeah.. the ending is weird but I couldn't think of anything to write.
Actually, the whole thing is weird.. hahah :]
I hope Mr T understands it.

-caryn

No comments:

How to Cope with the Loss of a Pet Rock

(Found on some really awesome website with helped me overcome my grief)

Losing a loyal friend is always upsetting. Losing a Pet Rock is even worse, because you have spent so much time with them. They have been your constant companion and trusted friend. You could talk to them, and know that they would never tell anyone what you told them in secret. When they die, make sure they are buried someplace with lots of other rocks, so they will not be lonely.
Steps
  1. Bury your rock. If your rock has died, find a nice spot in your garden to bury him. If you have an area which contains a lot of other rocks, bury them there. Mark that spot in some way or another - burying an old spoon with the bit you eat off sticking out of the ground is an ideal gravestone.
  2. Remember your rock. If you have lost your rock, plant a flower in remembrance of them.
  3. Listen to really depressing music. Don't try to cheer yourself up for at least three days. You will drop back down to reality with a thud. Be really miserable. It is respectful to your rock. Slowly cheer up. That way,you won't get sudden pangs of mourning.
  4. Begin again. After at least a fortnight you can get a new rock!!!!!
Tips:
  • Classical music can make you really miserable.
  • Other things that can make you really miserable include homework, thinking about lost items, best friends who have moved away and how you never gave your rock a good life, and so on.