Thursday, December 18, 2008

I'm glad I'm a human cuz that means i am the most important creature on this planet

HI !
Today, I went to Universiti Melaya with MEL to cut up some mice. Ha ha ha! It's actually part of a research project about cartilage scaffolding, how cool is that? The details of this supermagnificent project is top secret of course.

First stop: The animal lab!

It smelt so bad. SO BAD. I can still breathe in the horrible stench of rabbit poo, rat poo, mice poo, monkey poo (Yea, I saw a very tormented-looking monkey clinging on to the metal bars of its cage) and some other sad animals' poo. Since when do human beings have the right to carry out awful experiments on animals anyway? But its okay I guess, since they're all gonna die for a good cause. ;D!

That's Mel holding the mice. >:)

Our victims were 10 TINY white mice. THEY WERE SO CUUUUTE!! These mice are healthy, PUREBRED and disease-free, specially ordered from Animal House! Luckily they had evil-looking red eyes, or I wouldn't be able to sleep tonight... It's so much easier to inflict pain on a red-eyed mouse than a mouse with huge chocolate-brown eyes that seem to draw you in...... ;)

Before the surgery:
During the surgery:
Post-surgery:
AW!

No, I didn't get my hands dirty. Mel and I just hovered around, passing the doctor whatever she needed. We took photos too and carried the mice everywhere. After that, we hung around in the hospital - in her dad's office, in the medical bookshop, in the corridor with various posters of deformed and damaged bodyparts, in a room full of dummies... it was fascinating. If your lungs ever collapse and need to be inflated, ask me, I know how. <;D

I can't believe tomorrow's Friday already.....

=O I LOVE CHOCOLATE. I saw this HUGE Hershey's chocolate bar in cold storage. It weighs 5 pounds (2.26kg) and it costs RM200 something. Its reaaalllyyyy big, like half a meter long. I WANT.
GDNIGHT
!caryn

No comments:

How to Cope with the Loss of a Pet Rock

(Found on some really awesome website with helped me overcome my grief)

Losing a loyal friend is always upsetting. Losing a Pet Rock is even worse, because you have spent so much time with them. They have been your constant companion and trusted friend. You could talk to them, and know that they would never tell anyone what you told them in secret. When they die, make sure they are buried someplace with lots of other rocks, so they will not be lonely.
Steps
  1. Bury your rock. If your rock has died, find a nice spot in your garden to bury him. If you have an area which contains a lot of other rocks, bury them there. Mark that spot in some way or another - burying an old spoon with the bit you eat off sticking out of the ground is an ideal gravestone.
  2. Remember your rock. If you have lost your rock, plant a flower in remembrance of them.
  3. Listen to really depressing music. Don't try to cheer yourself up for at least three days. You will drop back down to reality with a thud. Be really miserable. It is respectful to your rock. Slowly cheer up. That way,you won't get sudden pangs of mourning.
  4. Begin again. After at least a fortnight you can get a new rock!!!!!
Tips:
  • Classical music can make you really miserable.
  • Other things that can make you really miserable include homework, thinking about lost items, best friends who have moved away and how you never gave your rock a good life, and so on.